Wednesday, June 1, 2011

One More Step

Well, Letter of No Objection has been released.  What does that mean exactly?  Not too too sure.  And I can't seem to be able to get in touch with anyone at the Agency, so....  It is a letter issued by the Ontario gvt saying that they have no issues with us adopting a particular child.  One copy goes to the Vietnamese authorities, one goes to the agency, and another one goes to the Canadian High Commission in Singapore. I wish I knew what this means in terms of a travel date.  I yet have to send my passport to obtain the visa.  We basically have to wait until the last minute because the visas are good for 30 days only.

That's where we are now, still no travel date and my son will be 1 year old in 17 days.

It reminds me of all the times I was pregnant, at the end, waiting to give birth: making sure the fridge and freezers are full, making sure the house is clean and so on.  Our family life has been on hold since January. But it will be all worth it in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment